Chaucer & Helen are experienced Poetry Film Workshop facilitators.
One or Two Day Workshop content
- Discussion about what poetry film is and the emerging genres
- Viewing a wide selection of poetry films
- Discussion about what makes a good poetry film
- Where to find still and moving images
- Creating images and film
- Where to find music and sound
- Voice recording
- Putting it all together and making a poetry film
- Working in collaboration
- Where to send and show finished work
- The two day workshop gives more time for understanding the scope and potential in making poetry films and gives time for participants to work on their own poetry film project with support provided.
- Ongoing support and collaboration
All participants of the one and two day workshops are invited to join a private Facebook group where they will be able to continue to learn and collaborate.
Two Hour Workshop
- During a 2 hour workshop we view a selection of poetry films and discuss what poetry film is, emerging genres and ideas about what makes a good poetry film.
Some comments from previous workshops:
I felt as fresh leaving as I did arriving, and newly inspired …… Learned loads …… I had a lot of fun at the workshop yesterday and showed some of the lovely films you showed us to the family in the evening …… You have a lovely light touch and pace ……. Practical and inspirational ……. Loved seeing the scope and potential of poetry films …… Great open question environment …… Liked the space to write, collaborate and make videos …… I appreciated being able to get on at ‘my’ pace …… There is a lovely light touch and pace …….. I felt as fresh leaving as I did arriving, and newly inspired ……. I had a lot of fun ……