Helen is an Associate member of the Royal Photographic Society and approaches poetry film as a contemporary photographic artist, combining still and moving images. Helen has worked collaboratively with a number of poets and has been screened regularly in poetry festivals. She has also exhibited in solo and group photographic exhibitions. Helen is also an editor of two poetry anthologies and currently lives in Wiltshire.
Films shown at:
- Athens International Video Poetry Festival 2016
- Festival Silêncio in Lisbon 2016
- Visible Verse Poetry Film Festival in Vancouver, 2015.
- Sadho Poetry Film Festival, New Delhi, 2015.
- The Lighthouse Film Poem competition in Poole, 2015.
- Liberated Words International Poetry Film Festival in 2013 and 2014.
- Cheltenham Poetry Festival (2013, 2014)
- Swindon Festival of Poetry (2014, 2015)
- The University of Gloucestershire (2013, 2014)
- The Dymock Poets Conference (2015)
- Film Weston (2014)
- Bristol Spring Poetry Festival (2015)
- Writers in the Brewery (2013)
- The Tivoli (2014)
- Green Light at Bordeaux Quay in Bristol with Inkling Productions (2016)
- The Masons Arms London NW10 (2016)
- The Berkeley Square Poetry Review, Bristol (2016)
Created collaborative poetry films with Martin Malone (editor of The Interpreter’s House), Anna Saunders (Director of Cheltenham Poetry Festival), Lucy English (Reader in Creative Writing, Bath Spa University), Hilda Sheehan (Director of Poetry Festival Swindon).
Poetry film workshop facilitator.
Bath Fringe Festival 2014: Still Points Moving World performance writing exhibition.
Regular solo and group photographic exhibitions at The Gardens Gallery.
Photographs of Nature exhibition at the Everyman Theatre in Cheltenham, 2011.
Nothing in the Garden by Chaucer Cameron and Helen Dewbery, 2014, a poetry and photographic collection.
Co-edited The Museum of Light, 2014, a poetry and photography collaboration.
Co-edited Salt on the Wind: Poetry in Response to Ruth Stone, 2015.